NICE NETWORK Quality Charta
1. General goals of the NICE network
The Higher Education Institutions co-operating within the Nice network agree on the following goals
- to enhance internationalisation of partner institutions • to enhance internationalisation at home
- to facilitate student, teaching and non-teaching staff exchange
- to enhance quality of mobility
- to develop common programmes and modules
- to develop dual and joint degree programmes • to share experience (examples of good practice)
- to facilitate research co-operation.
2. Underpinning values of the NICE network
The Higher Education Institutions co-operating within the Nice network agree on the following values regarding the objectives and content of their academic programmes and activities:
- that member institutions, or specific member departments (faculties) must recognise that their activities should be professionally-oriented
- that this professional orientation should include in-company placement periods whenever and wherever possible
- that employability should be a main objective of network activities
- that an interdisciplinary approach should be applied
- that the notion of intercultural understanding should be pervasive
- that the notion of internationalisation should be inherent
- that the notion of European citizenship should be encouraged, but regional cultural identities should be preserved
- that cultural diversity is seen as an opportunity to acquire the necessary skills to become employable.
3. Quality criteria of the NICE network
The Higher Education Institutions co-operating within the Nice network agree on the following, non-exhaustive, list of quality criteria:A good quality ECTS information package on the internet.
- The possibility for sending institutions to select and refuse students according to their true language and general academic level.
- Students should be advised on their true linguistic and cultural abilities.
- A Learning Agreement/Placement Agreement should be used in order to insure credit transfer.
- The period of study/placement should be an integral part of an academic programme. • There should be a tutor/mentor and support systems at the hosting place of study/placement.
- There should be linguistic, cultural and practical preparation.
- There should be a de-briefing session after the study/placement period in both institutions.
4 Validation of the NICE network Charta
The Nice network Charta should be signed by the President / Rector of the Higher Education Institution or by the Dean of the Faculty/Head of Department co-operating with the Nice network. It should also be signed by the representative of the Institution at the annual network conference.